Robin Gorton is counselor specializing in Christian counseling and individual or couples therapy. She maintains a private practice in Lexington, KY.
After graduating from University of Kentucky with a MS in Special Education, Robin taught for many years as a special education teacher, working extensively with children with learning and behavior challenges. After teaching Robin obtained a Masters in Counseling Degree from Asbury Seminary, where she studied theology and psychology. Robin brings much life experience to the table in her counseling practice.
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
- Certified Life Coach
- Certified Special Education Teacher
- BA Elementary Education, University of Kentucky
- MS Special Education, University of Kentucky
- MA Counseling, Asbury Seminary
- Prepare/Enrich Relationship Facilitator
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level I Training
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy Training
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia
Robin Gorton is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. She is also a trained Christian counselor. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.